Sigma Phi CrestHeader Image
Sigma Phi House at 907 Lincoln Ave.
Sigma Phi Society is a social fraternity founded at Union College in Schenectady, New York on March 4th, 1827. It was founded by four men who desired friendship more tight-knit than what was found in the general student body. Since its inception, the fraternity has instilled the values of friendship, leadership, and integrity in its brothers, and has committed itself to doing good in the campus community and across the country. But Sigma Phi is not just a society for the college man; Sigma Phi creates friendships that last a lifetime.

Sigma Phi became the first social fraternity to expand to another college when the Beta Chapter was founded at Hamilton College in 1831. Since then, expansion has been conservative. Today, there are ten active chapters, and the standards for a new chapter are particularly high.

The University of Michigan chapter, the Alpha of Michigan, has strengthened the bonds of friendship among college men since 1858. The chapter usually maintains an active membership between 30 and 40 brothers; large enough to provide a diversity of character and opinion, but small enough to keep friendships close.

We are located at 907 Lincoln Avenue, right off of hill road near the rock/Washtenaw Ave.


Sigma Phi Seal